Nominations now open!
This year we have 14 categories to choose from. Don’t forget you can nominate yourself or a colleague for one of these awards and all winners could be nominated for the national CBI First Women’s Award. Do read the helpful guidance notes below (Criteria) to help you with submitting your entry.
1. Female Entrepreneur
2. Environment & Engineering (includes construction, architecture, project management)
3. Supply Chain (includes purchasing, logistics, manufacturing)
4. Customer Service Industries (includes hospitality, retail, tourism)
5. Creative Industries (includes Journalism, media, online, digital tech, marketing, arts)
6. Emerging Leader (A person who can demonstrate that in a short period of time has excelled in several areas of their chosen path)
7. Professional Services (includes finance, law, consultancy, accounting)
8. Public services (includes uniformed services, education, health, care, social services both private and public sector)
9. Community Impact – Professional
10. Community Impact – Charity
11. Community Impact – Volunteer
12. Science & Technology
13. Business Services
14. NEW – Inspirational Male supporting a Women Leader
15. Outstanding Contribution to Peterborough – Chosen by the Judges from the winners of the above categories and who have an outstanding persona as a result of the local and national work they have done. (Please do not enter this category).
We recommend that you structure your 500 word entry for nomination according to these specific criteria, where relevant.
Guidance in completing your nomination citation of up to 500 words:
- Be succinct
- Acknowledge skills and experience
- State the challenges that the nominee had to overcome to achieve their goals
- Tell us how their role has impacted your local and/or national community or the business they work in
- Include any statistics and data to support your entry
- If applicable, tell us about their role in a male environment
- Include future plans
- Supply up to 3 testimonials to support your entry.
- Period the Business has been running
- Value of the business. – How did the business commence
- How does the business contribute to the local economy/environment
- What obstacles were overcome to set up the business
- Successes to date
- A person who can demonstrate that in a short period of time has excelled in several areas of their chosen path whilst demonstrating an ability to further achieve in their career or business.
All other Categories:
- Major projects achieved to date
- What impact has your/their role had on the local community (i.e. personally, planning, environmentally)
- Why did they/you choose this particular business path or community project
- What obstacles were overcome to achieve success
Outstanding Contribution to Peterborough:
- This award is chosen by the Judges from women who have lived and worked in the Peterborough postal area and have an outstanding persona as a result of the local and national work they have done.